What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate Marketing is the process of making money online. Where you as a promoter get rewards form companies or people for promoting or selling their services, products or site or app through your affiliate links.
Affiliate Marketing is considered one of the best form of marketing where companies also get more profit by providing affiliate programs.
To start affiliates marketing, you basically have a website, blog, email list or social account or some other online presence where people listen to what you have to say.
Some best way to get yourself starts Affiliates Marketing:
1. You do not need to create your own product to sell.
2. You do not even need to own a web page.
3. No customer service and product fulfillment required.
4. It’s really fast and easy to get start
5. You can work anywhere with your computer or smartphone.
is one of easy to on the internet which you can start without doing any investment. You can make money nowadays from all the major eCommerce companies Such as Amazon, eBay, Flipkart, snap deal everyone is giving the opportunity to join as an affiliate and promote the products and get money.
Before you go for an affiliate marketing business, one needs to understand the concept fully and the steps required to become a successful affiliate marketer. More importantly, if you have decided to become an affiliate marketer or add any company for the same. Then, first of all, understand the business and company policies, make a plan and involve daily to make money with online affiliate marketing.
How does affiliate marketing work?
1. First of all, you sign up for the Merchant affiliate programs.
Here the list of Merchant who gives best affiliate programs.
- CJ Affiliate by Conversant (formerly Commission Junction).
- The web’s most popular and successful Affiliate Program.
- AffiBank Affiliate Programs.
- eBay Partner Network.
- Selling Software Online Globally.
- ReviMedia: Customer Acquisition Made Easy.
- Flipkart Affiliate Program.
See for Amazon’s affiliate programs, you need to register your account via Amazon Associate.
2. Get your affiliates link after successfully sign up.
3. You promote the Merchant products in your blog/website/social media channel using your affiliates link which is provided by Merchant website after sign up.
For example, see I promoted a product JBL C100SI In-Ear Headphones with Mic from Amazon on the Facebook page.
You can add the affiliates link to your blog/website.
4. Therefore when a visitor clicks your affiliates link and land on the Merchant’s website and buys something from the Merchant’s website. After completes the checkout process, Merchant will send payment to you for all the sales referral by you.
How does the affiliate get paid?
The common payment terms you will find in affiliate marketing
Cost Per Lead (CPL) – Cost Per Lead is an online advertising pricing model, where the advertiser pays for an explicit sign-up from a consumer interested in the advertiser’s offer. It is also known as the online lead generation. You get to pay for every validate.
Cost Per Click (CPC) – Cost Per Click is the amount received by an advertiser to a search engine or other Internet publishers for every time an advertisement viewer makes a click on a link in an advertisement. This click transfers the viewer to the advertiser’s website.
Cost Per Sale (CPS) – Cost Per Sale is using for e-commerce stores. Here, the affiliate usually offered a percentage of each sale brought in.
Cost Per Action (CPA) – cost per action, pay per acquisition and cost per conversion, is an online advertising pricing model where the advertiser pays for a specified acquisition.
CPM (Cost Per Mille) – Cost Per Mille works on the almost same basis as Cost Per Click. The only difference is you are getting pay per impression instead of per click.
My some tips to help you are to start affiliate journey become easier.
- First of all, Build an audience and then promote later.
- Make up a clear action plan that you will research your audience easily.
- Build an email list from your website.
- Build an active community around your valuable content on your website or in any social media platform.
- Usually, Promote multiple products those with recurring commissions that your earning never stop.
- If it possible then run some paid ads that you can afford.
- make your website SEO better if your promoting affiliate links on your website.